Apologies for any cross-posting…
FAIR Data Workshop Reminder: Register today!!
Implementing FAIR Data for People and Machines: Impact and Implications
For detailed information and registration: https://www.cvent.com/d/qyqjn2
(Note: If you have trouble reaching the website with Chrome, please try viewing the website in another browser.)
Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NAS)
Keck Center of the National Academy of Sciences
500 Fifth Street, NW, Washington DC
This special one-day workshop for data and information professionals, information technologists, and for disciplinary scientists interested in effective data sharing is focused on the wave of activities related to making data “FAIR” (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable). We will focus on the implementations and ultimate impacts and implications, especially as data is made FAIR for man and machines.
· Marcia McNutt, President, National Academy of Sciences
· Barend Mons, President, CODATA and Profession of Bioinformatics, Leiden University. Medical Center
· Dan Atkins, Emeritus Professor of Information and EECS, University of Michigan
Panelists and presenters from:
· Federal Agency Perspectives: National Library of Medicine, NIST, NSF, DOE
· Metrics and Maturity: GO FAIR, RDA, and University of California
· Implementing Organizations: CNRI, ORNL, FAIR Data & Earth Science Repositories
· Search and Discovery: DataONE, University of CA Digital Library
· Scientific Workflows: NAS
To view the full list of speakers, go to: http://www.cvent.com/events/implementing-fair-data-for-people-and-machines-impacts-and-implications/speakers-dfffd8e3f51447c2a807829c6677c55c.aspx
Paying online by credit card? Use this form: https://www.cvent.com/events/implementing-fair-data-for-people-and-machines-impacts-and-implications/registration-dfffd8e3f51447c2a807829c6677c55c.aspx
**Please note that seating is capped at 120. Don’t delay!
The workshop will provide a venue for attendees to collaborate with their peers and hear from leading experts
For questions, contact:
Glenda Fisher [log in to unmask]
Jill O’Neill [log in to unmask]
Lynn Rees Yarmey [log in to unmask]
Ester Sztein [log in to unmask]
Registration has opened. If your parent organization is a member of CENDI you should register at the “Member” rate. Otherwise, if you are a member of RDA, you may also use the “Member” rate.
LAC Group, on assignment at
The USDA National Agricultural Library
Knowledge Services Division