The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is hiring an Information Technology Librarian. The application process is open from 08/13/2019 to 09/13/2019 and is posted at the CG-13 level with a pay band from $107,267 to $178,807 per year. You can find the announcement at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543666900
This position will:
- Serve as the Library’s IT subject matter expert, identifying and analyzing new trends in library technology, such as digitization services and eBooks. Coordinates with DIT on establishing corporate policy, resolving implementation issues and support to ensure that critical corporate electronic information needs are met.
- Serve as the technical monitor and Library manager of the Integrated Library System (ILS) and serves as the Corporation’s expert on its use, maintenance, and integrity. Coordinates with DIT and the ILS vendor on system and software maintenance, upgrades and security, and troubleshoots problems.
- Manage computing needs by analyzing and determining Library computing requirements; developing new means of delivering services; coordinating and enabling implementation of new electronic equipment and service; and supporting ongoing services.
- Serve as the Library’s Webmaster, responsible for the design, organization and management of the Library’s resources on FDIC’s Internet; and
- Work closely with the Senior Librarian to review, recommend and coordinate the acquisition of commercial database services to access external information. Follows internal procurement and quality processes to ensure appropriate accountability.
Please share this broadly with anyone you know that might be able to perform these duties. The FDIC Library uses Innovative Interfaces’ Sierra ILS and supports access to a broad range of commercial information services used in research of the financial markets.
Richard Huffine | Chief, Library and Public Information Services
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation | Division of Administration
550 17th Street NW (4068), Washington, DC 20429