The Breakthrough Conference: Preparing Today’s Librarians for Tomorrow’s Possibilities
Librarians must grapple with the real world costs of technological changes: computers are getting faster and more connected, new applications are introduced daily, & Artificial Intelligence (AI) is making leaps. Libraries must show their importance to their institutions and help their customers see the benefit they bring to their organizations. At this inaugural Breakthrough Conference, hosted at the International Monetary Fund in collaboration with The World Bank and the Special Libraries Association Washington DC Chapter, library and information professionals will explore themes about the future of library and information work in an era of rapid technological change and the role of librarianship in our data driven economy.
This one day conference will address questions such as:
· How will librarians break through the challenges posed by rapid technological change and meet new demands?
· What can librarians do to advance the creation, dissemination, and preservation of knowledge in the AI age?
· How will/should librarians prepare for coming technological and economic changes?
· What strategies for understanding and implementing technological change should be discussed? And,
· How can librarians use new technologies to show greater return on investment within their institutions?
Come explore these questions with your colleagues. We may not have the answers, but, with your help, we will break through to the future! Join us at the International Monetary Fund on September 12th to learn with your fellow library and information professionals.
Registration includes a lunch provided by the International Monetary Fund Library and a post-conference networking reception sponsored by the World Bank Group Library.
Date: Thursday, September 12, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM EDT
DC/SLA Members: $25.00
Students/Retired/Unemployed: $17.12 ($15 plus $2.12 handling fee)
Community Members: $42.99 ($40 plus $2.99 handling fee)
Location: International Monetary Fund HQ2
1900 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20431
Refund Policy: Refunds permitted up to 7 days before event
Richard Huffine | Chief, Library and Public Information Services
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation | Division of Administration
550 17th Street NW (4068), Washington, DC 20429
Phone: 202-898-6743 | Email: [log in to unmask]