I concur with Carmen's comments 100 percent...

Cary C. Dunlap

Marketing Lead

Wyoming State Library

Department of Administration & Information

o: (307) 777-6338

c: (307) 275-4490

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 9:51 AM Boston, Carmen L. (DCPL) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

In the past, states were asked to bring a book to give to LOC which I think was also the display book. But the past two years, we were not required to buy the book. For 2017, I had a book to give but when I went to the display it was already there.

To be honest with you, I am not sure how many folks really check out the display from the masses. I think each state displaying the book at their booth is best. It also allows for engagement beyond just stamping a map. And it’s one less thing to manage for LOC.

Carmen

http://www.ala.org/rt/sites/ala.org.rt/files/content/180411-odlos-csk-50th-anniversary-logo-web.png

Carmen L. Boston

Children’s Librarian – Children’s Services Coordinator

DC Public Library

1990 K Street, NW, Suite 500

Washington, DC  20006

202-727-1792

"I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers."

Ralph Nader