Hello, I’m new to MODS and looking for some guidance.

Our collections have a lot of dates with ranges and qualifiers, which our current platform doesn’t display fully or in a user-friendly way.

It has been suggested to me to put a user-friendly formatted date in the <dateOther> element that would be used for display.  I see there’s a <displayForm> for name (which we’re also planning on using this way), but I don’t see this as analogous from reading the element description.  I’m wondering if you’ve ever done this, and what your reactions are to the proposal.

Thank you.

Deena

Deena M. Schwimmer, Archivist

Yeshiva University Archives

mail:  500 W. 185th St. / New York, NY 10033 / interoffice: MGL – 304

email: [log in to unmask] / phone: (646) 592-4058 / fax: (212) 960-0066