Yan,

For what it is worth, you can quote me. I think my thoughts are summarized
in pages 2-5 of *The Organization of Information*. But, in short, without
an understanding of organizing information, we cannot work efficiently and
effectively with collections or users. The students will have a diminished
understanding of retrieval without Info Org, and that will affect their
ability to function in an actual work setting. The other responses by
Shawne, Frank, and Kathleen bring out important reasons why this is not a
great idea.

This is a terrible position for you and for the students.

Is there any chance the discussion/motion can be tabled until you have time
to collect additional information to oppose this proposal?

*Danny*
*Daniel N. Joudrey, Ph.D.*
Professor
School of Library and Information Science (SLIS)
College of Computational, Organizational, and Information Sciences (COCIS)
Simmons University
300 The Fenway, P-205B
Boston, MA 02115                           617.521.2863

*Pronouns*: *he/him/his*
*Twitter*:
*@dnjoudrey <https://twitter.com/dnjoudrey>*
*Author of: **https://bit.ly/2kbS6El <https://bit.ly/2kbS6El> **and