I agree with Shawne.
Info Org is at the center of the LIS professions. Every student needs to
have an understanding of the core concepts, standards, and tools of Info
Org, no matter their ultimate career path. Making it optional seems like a
very poor decision.

Danny

*Daniel N. Joudrey, Ph.D.*
Professor
School of Library and Information Science (SLIS)
College of Computational, Organizational, and Information Sciences (COCIS)
Simmons University
300 The Fenway, P-205B
Boston, MA 02115                           617.521.2863

*Pronouns*: *he/him/his*
*Twitter*:
*@dnjoudrey <https://twitter.com/dnjoudrey>*
*Author of: **https://bit.ly/2kbS6El <https://bit.ly/2kbS6El> **and