Hi-several of you have asked about attendance figures. As you might guess, it is just about impossible to count attendance at such a large venue; people come and go (and then return), for example. Lots of people enter various doors at once time...
We tried one year having people with counters at the doors, but the task became overwhelming. This is all I can point you to in re attendance:

We are saying "tens of thousands," which is admittedly not precise.
https://www.loc.gov/item/prn-19-084/19th-annual-national-book-festival-draws-tens-of-thousands-of-book-lovers/2019-08-31/

If some more precise figure is released, I will let you know.

Thanks again for all you did to make the event a big success!

Guy Lamolinara
Center for the Book
Library of Congress

(202) 707-9217