Hi everyone,

Wanted to check in again and let you know that we are running our final round of Wikidata professional development courses next month. More below!

Are you interested in exploring alternatives to current metadata practices? Are you also curious about the applications of structured, linked data? When asked what future participants would get out of our Wikidata how-to courses, 70% and 90% of previous participants recommended these two learning objectives. If you're interested in access, openness, and having an impact then this course is for you!

-- Sign up now at data.wikiedu.org --

Join the open data movement
An online course for beginners to linked data, or for those looking for a curriculum that covers data ethics, the advantages of linked data, and an overview of Wikidata policies.
  • First meeting: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
  • Meeting time: Tuesdays from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET) via Zoom
  • Last meeting: Tuesday, December 3 (no session the week of 11/11)
  • Read more and sign up: https://wikiedu.org/wikidata/beginners-course/

Elevate your collections
An online course for anyone already familiar with linked data or Wikidata, or those looking for a project-based course that explores specific Wikidata tools and approaches.

"The conversations were great. The instructors were knowledgeable, but some of the most rewarding parts came from hearing what other course participants were working on." - find more Wikidata course details and testimonials online

The $800 cost of these courses covers collaborative group sessions with peers, technical training so you can successfully contribute to Wikidata, and the time and opportunity to thought-partner with our linked data experts about Wikidata projects for your institution.

Enroll before October 1st and save $100, or enroll with a colleague and save $200 each! Limited financial aid available for those without access to professional development funds.

Samantha
Samantha Weald
Customer Success Manager
Wiki Education