Folks;

I started reading Stephanie Bonjack's article "The Importance of LPs in a
Digital World" in the Fall 2018 ARSC Journal and when I got to the end of the
second paragraph and read that "the LP with its larger diameter" [than the 78]
and  also "the 78 which could only hold up to four minutes per side", I wondered
where she got this incorrect information.  The Endnote cited David L. Morton's
book "Sound Recording, The Life Story of a Technology".

Folks, this book is full of errors!  The 78 records were issued primarily in
both 10" and 12" diameters, just like LP's are/were!  LPs did not come in a
larger diameter.  And, I believe the 12" 78 could hold 4.5 minutes per side.

I have written a review of the first ~100 pages of this book on Amazon, you can
read it here:

https://www.amazon.com/review/R33PN2EA7AQX1W/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_
rv0_rv

The 9 major errors I found in the first 100 pages were enough to convince me not
to read further.

It's really a shame that such a promising book is so full of incorrect
information.  I hope the author can issue a second edition with more attention
to these problems.

Sincerely,

Byron [Ron] Roscoe