Hi, Corey,

That is a sweeping statement that I think needs clarification.

My take on this statement is:

Google Photos: True if you select the unlimited option, not true if you
pay for the storage.

Dropbox: The only compression that they use is perhaps totally
transparent data compression on the server side (I have no evidence of
that) but they deliver files back to you as you sent them. While
originally running on Amazon Web Services, they have migrated to their
own multi-location cloud.

Backblaze: Although not a cloud service per se, but rather a backup
service, I believe they do de-dupe your files and only save one copy,
but otherwise they give you back what you sent in (again, they may use
sever side lossless data compression).

Amazon Web Services/Glacier/etc: These services give you back what you
put in.

There are many others, but these are some I've looked into over the past
few years. At the moment, I use the first three and had long had a
thought about using AWS/Glacier.

I don't know a good solution that meets the OPs requirements except
perhaps splitting items between a service which allows passwords (paid
service) and the Internet Archive for the free-access stuff.

Cheers,

Richard

On 2019-10-06 1:44 p.m., Corey Bailey wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> Know that almost all on line storage uses some kind of data compression.
> Besides your password requirement, you need to consider which type of
> data compression will best suit the needs of your material.
>
> Best,
>
> Corey
>
> Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
> www.baileyzone.net

Track Format - Speed - Equalization - Azimuth - Noise Reduction