Hello everyone,

Hello. I am a freelance writer on classical music and am trying to find photos from the 1950s showing an LP pressing plant (production line) and also photos of a recording team at work, in the control room during recording sessions or later during editing work. I have found a few of the latter, though they're of a pop music sound team. I'd very much prefer classical.

The other problem associated with this is that what photos I have found are from archives such as Getty Images, which charges hundreds of dollars to use a single image. It's wildly expensive and seems out of reach except for large news organizations or those with deep pockets.

So I am trying to find photos in the public domain or that I could obtain permission to use more easily (or cheaply).

Best wishes, Joseph Moore