Technical Services Librarian (Full-time temporary) (Permanent opportunity coming soon!)
Monthly salary range: $3520-4000 DOE
University of Houston - Clear Lake https://www.uhcl.edu/library/
Come join our fun and service-oriented library environment at University of Houston Clear Lake! Located just minutes from Clear Lake, Nassau Bay, and the Gulf, UHCL was originally built to serve NASA. Today, we maintain that strong relationship while growing to serve our vibrant bay area region.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides expertise for acquisitions and collection management.
· Collaborates with department staff to develop effective, efficient, and sustainable policies and workflows.
· Evaluates the collection including electronic resources in coordination with the Electronic Services staff and works closely with administration to coordinate budget allocations for monographs, serials, and services.
· Works with department to ensure efficient access to ebooks.
· Collaborates with library staff to evaluate and develop acquisition models.
· Works closes with other units in collecting metrics and generating reports to support leadership in data-driven decision-making.
· Coordinates efforts to demonstrate return-on-investment for library resources.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
« Limited professional development funds will be available for this position.
· MLS degree from ALA accredited school
· 1-year of technical service experience in an academic or public library
(Internship or volunteer hours will be considered)
· Ability to collaborate effectively and have excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
· Ability to pay attention to detail.
· Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
· 1-year experience with or training in the use of Ex Libris Alma and Primo.
· Knowledge of e-book acquisition models such as PDA/DDA
· Experience with usage statistics for electronic resources
· Experience with analytics in Alma