Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, November 7th from 2:00 to
3:00 pm ET for a free training session entitled "Understanding Legislative
Research: A Survey Course for Researchers of All Levels," part of our
series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

In this course, attendees will be learning basic legislative research
(state and federal) using both paid and free resources. We will discuss
where to find older versions of the text of legislation. We will look at
the types of legislative history materials (committee reports, CIS index
reports, Congressional Research Service Reports, U.S. Code Congressional
and Administrative News, CCH Congressional Index, Statutes at Large)
available and where to find them. At the end of this class, attendees
should know how to use legal technology to run comprehensive and
cost-effective legislative research on public laws, statutes, bills,
regulations, and executive orders.  This class will be taught by a
LexisNexis trainer.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is
located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior
Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall
Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in
Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please
go to the following link to register:

*https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0
<https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0>*

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register by
using our contact form at
https://www.doi.gov/library/interior-library-contact-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.
 However, please note that this class is also being offered as a
simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  When
you register, please indicate the name of the program you wish to attend
and if you need information about webinar access.

Additionally, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits will be available
for Interior Department Solicitor's Office attorneys attending this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have
trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about
the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website
at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on November 7th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
(OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]