From: LC Linked Data Service Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Steven Michael Folsom
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 3:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ID.LOC.GOV] LC Call Numbers as LOD

Is there a plan to complete the LC classification as LOD? As I’m sure you are aware http://id.loc.gov/authorities/classification.html only has select schedules.

I’m guessing this might be a decision to not cut into Classification Web’s market. In our case we want to use the data to enhance call number browse in our Blacklight catalog, no desire to recreate Classification Web :) .

--
Steven Folsom
Coordinator, Metadata Design and Operations

Please note: If this message is received outside of typical work hours, I’m using flextime in an attempt to achieve family/work/life balance. Please do not feel the need to read/respond immediately.