NLS Operations Alert

No. 19-71

DATE         :   October 23, 2019

TO             :   Network Libraries

FROM        :   Juliette Appold, Head, Music Section

SUBJECT   :   José André Trio Concert on November 7, 2019

NLS is proud to host the José André Trio live in concert at the Library of Congress. José André Montaño, 14, is an acclaimed jazz pianist and NLS patron whose playful and inspired compositions bridge jazz, rock, blues, bossa nova, Latin American, and world music. He and his jazz trio will perform in the Coolidge Auditorium of the Library of Congress Jefferson Building on November 7 at 8 p.m. Complimentary tickets can be reserved at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jose-andre-trio-event-tickets-73593575365.

The NLS Music Section, which organized this exciting event, provides accessible music materials directly to patrons like José André.

If you or your patrons are unable to attend in person, we will be livestreaming the performance on the Library’s YouTube channel: youtube.com/libraryofcongress. We encourage you to share this information with your patrons so that they can enjoy this event along with those attending. A direct link to the concert livestream will be posted on the NLS Facebook page closer to the date of the concert.

For more information, contact:

Juliette Appold

Head, Music Section