Hi everyone,

I remember that we said that we couldn't use the Eszett in name authority
records, but are we supposed to change it to ss in titles and 505 fields
for PCC records?

I looked in cataloger's desktop and LC-PCC PS for 1.4
<http://desktop.loc.gov/search?view=document&doc_keytype=foliodestination&doc_key=rda1-523&fq=coreresources%7Ctrue>
seems
to be indicating that we should change it to ss, but I also thought at one
point that it was okay in titles and other descriptive fields...

Also, I'm looking at a record with a 246 3 alternative title that is the
same except with the Eszett spelled out. I would think that with
normalization rules you would only pick one form and not make a
cross-reference...

--
Jenny Lobb
Metadata Librarian