Hi everyone,

I remember that we said that we couldn't use the Eszett in name authority records, but are we supposed to change it to ss in titles and 505 fields for PCC records?

I looked in cataloger's desktop and LC-PCC PS for 1.4 seems to be indicating that we should change it to ss, but I also thought at one point that it was okay in titles and other descriptive fields...

Also, I'm looking at a record with a 246 3 alternative title that is the same except with the Eszett spelled out. I would think that with normalization rules you would only pick one form and not make a cross-reference...

--
Jenny Lobb
Metadata Librarian