Yes - and I can't see a take number. That's the reason for the mistake. How
the electric serial got into the stamper I don't know. It's also 9 seconds
longer-Mickey

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary A. Galo
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2019 4:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] [EXTERNAL] [ARSCLIST] George Gershwin, Second
Rhapsody, Serge Koussevitzky, Boston Symphony Orchestra,

OK, I downloaded your Dropbox file and I see what's going on here. Side B of
your Canadian pressing was pressed from the wrong stamper - they pulled the
metal part for the acoustic version, possibly by mistake. What's really
strange is that the electric catalog number is also stamped in the run-out
space. This is a real oddity.

FYI, though you probably already know this: Canadian electric Victors in the
mid-late 20s were issued with the bat-wing label They did not use the scroll
label. However, the ones I own have a large VE in an ellipse printed on the
label, to the left of the spindle hole, and "Orthophonic" printed under the
VE. The scan of your acoustic Gershwin side does not have either of these.
Are they printed on the label for Side 1? If that's the case, then it sounds
like the Canadians intentionally used the acoustic take for Side 2. This is
very, very strange.

DAHR states that 35822 was "Not Issued."

https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/objects/detail/30382/Victor_35822

Of course it was, as the information listen for each matrix number clearly
shows.

Best,
Gary