Yeah, certainly! Of course. But people on this list are generally transferring for archival, not playing DJ, I imagine. Only the best reproduction would be appropriate for that! I wonder if the original poster knows that, or perhaps is a DJ and not an archivist…

I am  proably off base in the entire thread, so will cease.

But I will say that the first “record wrecker” I got for my 14th birthday did indeed score and distort the dozen records I got wiith it. I can still hear in my mind’s ear the awful screeching imparted to Bach’s Greatest Hits by that cheapo record player/wrecker! But that was a ceramic cart, and a painful lesson. So I do knwo this first hand!

But thanks, Bob.
<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio