Yes! For fifteen years I edited a LOT of audiobooks on 7.5IPS with Ampex 440s up until about 2002. I had the local record of getting a month or two on each blade if I coul;d keep it away form the other engineers.

Ordinary blades are fine, and the bulk demagnetizer is your friend.
<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689