Are you a "jack-of-all-trades" librarian who wants to spend less time ordering books and more time on the reference desk? Is your busy technical services department looking for ways to automate everyday processes such as editing batches of MARC records from vendors? Do you want to process new items faster to get them into your patrons' hands sooner? Do you simply find yourself wondering, "Is there an easier way to do this?" about any of your library’s technical services work?
· Automating routine technical services processes
· Change management when implementing new workflows
· Handling batches of MARC records efficiently
· Innovating legacy workflows
· Making the decision to outsource some processes
· Using project management or process mapping tools to streamline workflows
If you can speak to one of these topics, or have another idea in mind, please . Don't worry if you’ve never presented online. It's easy, and we are happy to train you and provide technical support during your presentation.
Emily Dust Nimsakont
Cataloging and Metadata Trainer
Amigos Library Services
The Library's Role in Supporting Open Educational Resources
December 4, 2019