Please direct any questions to: Client Services EOP – OA | 202-395-1088 | [log in to unmask]
Supervisory Librarian (Technical Services)
Executive Office of the President
Office of Administration
Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (OCAO), Library and Research Services Division
· Open & closing dates – 11/18/2019 to 12/6/2019
· Salary – $117,191 to $152,352 per year
· Pay scale & grade – GS-14
· Work schedule – Full-Time
· Appointment type – Permanent
1 vacancy in the following location:
· Washington, DC
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
· Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL) - Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
· Federal employees - Competitive service - Current or former competitive service federal employees.
· Land & base management - Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
· Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
Clarification from the agency - Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President, Office of Administration, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer, Library and Research Services Division. The incumbent will serve as a Supervisory Librarian, providing information and research resources needed by officials and staff of the EOP with regard to government-wide and/or national and international concerns relating to policy making at the highest levels of the Executive Branch of the federal government.
As a Supervisory Librarian (Technical Services), GS-1410-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
· Manages Library resources to include staff and budgetary expenditures for print, electronic, and audio resources.
· Evaluates, plans, oversees, and coordinates an acquisition program for information resources.
· Supervises a staff of professional librarians and technicians.
· Establishes priorities, assigns, distributes, and evaluates work performed by library staff.
· Provides advice, guidance, and counsels employees regarding work and administrative matters.
· Counsels staff to address work performance and conduct issues.
· Trains and guides staff in use of technical services modules of library management system.
· Plans and implements technological improvements; such as library systems, applications, and technical infrastructure.
· Oversees cataloging and metadata processes to assure effective customer access for digital, print, and audio materials.
· Oversees management of digital resources including license management and integration.
· Plans and provides access to vendor training for librarians and technicians.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Director, Library & Research Services
Executive Office of the President | Office of Administration