The Michigan Authors and Illustrators Database uses the following to govern inclusion:
Criteria For Inclusion
A work must meet at least one of these criteria in order to be added to the Michigan Authors and Illustrators Database:
The author or illustrator was born, currently lives in, or writes or illustrates books where Michigan has import, and the work:
• has been reviewed in a professional journal.
• has received an award from an accredited organization.
• was published by a commercial publisher: a house that publishes the works of many individuals. (Note: Vanity and/or self-publishing is not sufficient to be included.)
• was published by an academic press, an historical society, or an educational or cultural institution.
• At least one of the author’s books must be found in multiple Michigan libraries.
• Failing to meet these criteria, a work may be accepted on the basis of the author’s body of work if the previous works meet any of these criteria.
To view and sue the database go to https://libraryofmichigan.state.mi.us/Authors/
We hope to develop an online literary map in the future.
Janice M. Murphy
Library of Michigan
For Michigan Center for the Book
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48909
Building Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Telephone Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
[log in to unmask]">
Family Matters is an outreach effort to equip families of children with disabilities by offering free information and resources.
From: Center for the Book state centers communication <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Peté, Sara <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, November 1, 2019 1:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: state literary map and author directory questions
Hello CFB Colleagues!
Could those of you who do State Literary Maps and/or State Author Directories reply directly to me when you get a second?
Can you share your guidelines and scope of who is included in your literary map and/or author directory?
Do you partner with any other organizations, universities, etc.?
Do you update your maps constantly or once a year or…?
Do you have an advisory board?
Do you use ArcGIS StoryMaps or some other software?
Any lessons you have learned in your process are very welcome – thank you for your time!
Sara Peté | Community Outreach Librarian
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington
~connecting Washington through the power of libraries~
[log in to unmask]" alt="wsl-logo"> [log in to unmask]" alt="WTBBL"> [log in to unmask]" alt="wsl colored social icons_Facebook - Round"> [log in to unmask]" alt="wsl colored social icons_Twitter - Round"> [log in to unmask]" alt="wsl colored social icons_YouTube - Round">