Dear EAD users,

On behalf of SAA’s Technical Subcommittee for Encoded Archival Standards (TS-EAS) I am pleased to announce the release of EAD3 v1.1.1, a patch release to the previous version 1.1.0, which was published in 2018.

Schemas

EAD3 v1.1.1 is available for download from GitHub at: https://github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/releases/tag/v1.1.1. The release package can be downloaded as a .zip or .tar.gz, and contains the full set of EAD3 v1.1.1 schemas:

Tag Libraries

The official Library of Congress EAD site (http://www.loc.gov/ead/) has been updated with links to the EAD3 v1.1.1 schemas and the revised EAD3 Tag Library (available in both HTML and PDF formats).

What’s new in EAD3 v1.1.1?

The schema update includes:

Neither of these changes will invalidate existing EAD3 files.

The tag library update picks up on the schema changes (see issues #43 and #44) and furthermore includes:

Following on from last year’s release, the EAD3 v1.1.1 patch release also represents the first active step towards a more agile schema maintenance plan in which smaller updates and fixes can be released on a more regular basis. You can have a look at the current status of our thinking around this in the EAD3 GitHub repository.

Finally, special thanks to members of the TS-EAS EAD and Schema subteams and everyone else who participated or commented on EAD3 v1.1.1.

Best wishes and happy holidays,

Kerstin Arnold

TS-EAS, EAD subteam lead