Dear colleagues,

the EAD team of TS-EAS (Technical Subcommittee on Encoded Archival Standards) is looking for community feedback on a suggested addition to EAD3 (see all details of the original proposal and the conversation so far on GitHub - https://github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues/517).

To ensure that the standards under TS-EAS' purview continue to be based on user needs, we are specifically interested in any use cases from your institutions, which would support this change request.

We'd appreciate any feedback and examples to be posted to the GitHub issue cited above or sent via email to [log in to unmask] by end of play on Friday, 31 January 2020.

Thank you very much in advance,
Kerstin
(EAD team lead with TS-EAS)

-----Further details of interest-----

Summary

Suggestion to add <objectxmlwrap> as an alternative to <did> and its siblings within <c> (or numbered <c01> to <c12>)

Intended new feature

Enable the integration of descriptive metadata from other namespaces (e.g. MARC, VRACode, NUDS, etc.), especially when describing single items of other domains, which are part of archival collections

Options discussed so far