Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Tuesday, December 10th from 10:00 to
11:00 am for a free training session entitled "Researching Legislative
Histories and Statutes on Westlaw," part of our series of free
training sessions at
the DOI Library.

Learn how to conduct legislative history research on Westlaw. In the first
part of this class you will learn how to research the legislative history
for a specific act. We will discuss where the act is codified and how to
find legislative history for the act. In the second part of this class we
will find the legislative history for a specific statute.  In addition, we
will see how to find links to other documents on Westlaw that cite to your
statute including cases, secondary sources, regulations, and administrative
decisions. Part three will focus on researching statutes.  See how Westlaw
has made statutory research easier with links to relevant cases and
relevant legislative history.  We will also review how Westlaw has made it
easier to search for statutes, including by the popular name of the act.
Part four will focus on researching state legislative history materials on
Westlaw. This program will be conducted by a Westlaw trainer.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is
located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior
Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall
Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in
Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please
go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register at
https://www.doi.gov/library/training-sessions-registration-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.
 However, please note that this class is also being offered as a
simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please
indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information
about webinar access to this program.

Additionally, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits for Interior
Department Solicitor's office staff will be available for in-person or
webinar attendance to the session.  CLE credits will be available from the
following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois,
Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, New York (Note: New York
Experienced requires that you attend in person to receive credit),
Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin.  Our trainer
will inform interested attendees how to apply for these credits.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have
trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about
the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website
at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on December 10th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
(OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]