I checked these out.  So that is the way we do it now, apparently.  Note
that the last LCCN given provides two different records for two unrelated
works.

I think we have been over this before.  But why not use $f for date no
matter whether it is a work or an expression?  Shouldn't uniform titles be
expressed uniformly?  Is the patron supposed to know or understand the
difference?

Gene Fieg