Yes, I was going to point out that those AACR2 headings with date qualifiers were qualifying neither by the date of the work or by the date of the expression, but by the date of the manifestation.

There was nothing flawed about AACR2, it simply had a different way of organizing things.

Though come to think of it, slapping a date on the end of “Works” or “Selections” was never an AACR2 requirement, either; it was an LCRI addition to AACR2. But the point is, it was always date of publication (i.e. manifestation).

So we have both “undifferentiated” work access points (“Selections …” representing more than one work) as well as duplicate work access points (more than one access point for the same aggregate “selections” work due to its being reprinted and therefore having two or more AACR2 access points qualified by two or more dates).

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University