Unfortunately, many catalogers just still haven’t gotten this change from AACR2 and continue to do it incorrectly.  A few times a year I try to correct newly added records like these that were established in the wrong form.  We still need to do a better job of educating people on these collective title access points.

Adam Schiff
University of Washington Libraries

________________________________
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Robert Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:43:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Qualifiers for "Selections"

Just one of the many problems with the programmatic wholesale recoding of AACR2 authority records as RDA that has taken place.

The use of parenthethesesl around the qualifier for a work-level access point (e.g. “… Selections (date)” is found in RDA Appendix E.1.1 under “Uniform titles … Additions to uniform titles … Conflict resolution. “ I’m not sure why the parentheticals shown with 6.3 didn’t carry down to 6.4-6.6, but all those types of additions are made in parentheses; and in terms of MARC, with no subfield coding before them.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University