A quick browse of “Typi …” and “Typis …” in the NAF makes one wonder if there has been some confusion as regards which form we are supposed to use. The Latin word “Typi” (nom., plural) means “printing house.” In most early publications, however, we only see Typis (ablative, plural), short for “ex Typis …” = “from the Printing house of ….”

And, why are there so many such 410 references being used under 100, conflating business enterprises with individual persons? Should they be 510?

I cannot find any answers in RDA or PCC PS on either issue. Any suggestions or comments?

Yang