Hi all,

I got curious about something and looked through the NAF a little at name-title headings that include “Selections.”

I was surprised at how many recently created authorities use this form:

Wilson, Pete. $t Works. $k Selections. $f 2019

rather than:

Wilson, Pete. $t Works. $k Selections (2019)

I thought the question of whether to qualify with an $f subfield or just enclose the qualifier in parentheses in the $k had been fully decided, or as fully as such questions can ever be decided.  Is that correct, or is there still a live difference of opinion among the “experts?”

Thanks,

Pete Wilson

Vanderbilt University