Hi, I recall seeing this same issue with Syriac script not long after OCLC
first added support for Syriac script in November 2013. The default Arial
Unicode Microsoft font in Connexion, didn’t (and apparently still doesn't)
include the Syriac character set (U+0700 to U+074F I think). But we found
that temporarily switching the record display font to "Edessa Estrangelo"
in the OCLC Connexion options menu allowed the Syriac characters to display
correctly in the Connexion client even though that one isn't a Unicode
font. That meant that characters that aren't in the Syriac or basic Latin
character sets, including the double-dagger subfield indicator, may display
incorrectly until you switch the font back again. But this workaround at
least allowed us to verify the vernacular script before producing and
exporting the records.

I recall we also had to add the Unicode Syriac character range to our local
Voyager validation tables, but it sounds like your local catalog already
has that taken care of.

Matt

--
Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger | Columbia University Libraries