Thanks, Jessica and Steve.  I should have acknowledged that the $f and the parenthetical date in $k technically serve different, non-conflicting purposes, but I am guessing that the $f is rarely used in a "Selections" context with the intent of naming an expression.  I think when it is used in a "Selections" heading, it is usually meant (incorrectly now) to identify a particular work-a particular set of selections.  If I'm off base on that I'd love to be corrected.

There are more name-title records than I expected in the NAF with a year qualifier of 2018 or 2019 in an $f subfield.  I'm guessing that they are intended as work qualifiers rather than expression qualifiers, and many catalogers just haven't adjusted.  I figured it's either that or there's less consensus than I thought.  Or maybe sometimes the dates really are intended to specify an expression of a base "Selections" work.

Pete

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jessica Janecki
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Qualifiers for "Selections"

That is true, now, under RDA, but a lot of those Wilson, Pete. $t Works. $k Selections. $f 2019 style headings were created in AACR2. They were then programmatically recoded as RDA. For Wilson, Pete. $t Works. $k Selections. $f 2019 to make sense as an expression heading there would have to be only 1 selection of Pete's works, but multiple expressions of that 1 selection such that you would need the date to distinguish them.

Jessica