From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Adam L Schiff
Sent: Tuesday, 3 December, 2019 14:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] "Typi ..." vs "Typis ..." for printing house in 110/410

Stephen:

110 2# Johann Traeg (Firm)

Adam Schiff
________________________________
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Stephen Hearn <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 11:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: "Typi ..." vs "Typis ..." for printing house in 110/410

My guess is that the "typis" instances (mostly in 410s) are a mix of grammatical errors by non-Latinists and references intended for non-Latinists who may be searching for the term as they found it on a source.

As for the second question--what is the proper way to handle a sole proprietorship, i.e., a person operating as a business? There appear to be lots of them among early publishers. As a person, the entity has an occupation. As a corporate body, it doesn't. As a person, the entity has birth and death dates. As a corporate body, it has activity dates. Name in inverted order for a person or direct order for a business? If I want to describe a person acting as a business entity in terms appropriate to a business entity, is there a preferred way to do that?

Stephen