Hi Jarluzia,

Thank you for your interest in PREMIS. I would suggest starting off by reading this document: “Understanding PREMIS: an overview of the PREMIS Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata (2017)”—you can link to the original 2017 English version here:  http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/understanding-premis-rev2017.pdf

Translations of the  2017 English version are also currently available in  the following languages:
Czech < http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/understanding_premis_german2017.pdf >
German < http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/understanding_premis_german2017.pdf >
Italian < http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/Understanding-PREMIS_italian2017rev.pdf >

The 2017  version is also currently being translated into Portuguese, but it is not yet available. AS soon as it is, we will post it to the PREMIS site here: http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/.

Best, Tracy

Tracy Meehleib
PREMIS Editorial Committee

Tracy Meehleib
Network Development and MARC Standards Office
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave SE
Washington, DC 20540-4402
+1 202 707 0121 (voice)