Hi Lauren,

I would suggest that your institution cover it's butt legally. Beyond
that, secure the PC or outlet device in the manner that your department
deems appropriate. Know that if a person wishes to steal content, they
can (and will) do it regardless of the precautions taken. If the server
that's the source of the files is, in any way, connected to the
internet, it can be hacked from anywhere.

Like Richard Hess, I operate a transfer facility that serves the public
and take similar precautions

Regards,

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering