Hi, Nathan,

This sounds very good.  Congratulations to OCLC on receiving the Mellon grant!

I do have a question.  Your statement says:  "OCLC will use the grant funding to publish authoritative and easily accessible entity descriptions for works and persons as part of a persistent, centralized infrastructure. The infrastructure will aggregate links to other representations of those works and persons in external vocabularies and authority files. OCLC will also provide APIs to support libraries implementing metadata workflows for linked data."

From that information it is not clear to me if the linked data that OCLC is making available will include data that is not specifically part of designations of persons or descriptions of works, such as controlled vocabulary terms for Medium of Performance, Digital File Characteristics, etc.  Right now those kinds of terms can be linked in MODS records, but they have not been linkable in OCLC MARC records.  Just wondering.

Thank you, and good luck with the project!

Best regards,
Frank

Frank Ferko
Music Metadata Librarian