What a wonderful idea. Do you think Poets & Writers would be interested in
doing this in other states? We are just launching our authors speakers
bureau here in Colorado and also administer the Colorado Poet Laureate
program. J

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:16 PM Julianna Robbins (CalBook) <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thought this might be of interest…..
>
> We are excited to announce the dates, times, and locations of our 2020
> Writing Workshops in Rural California Communities!
>
> Between February and June 2020, writers will hold community writing
> workshops at rural locations throughout California as part of the Rural
> Libraries Tour <https://calbook.org/programs/rlt/>. California Center for
> the Book continues to partner with Poets & Writers <http://www.pw.org/> to
> provide these workshops free of charge to rural libraries and communities.
> Rural library staff work closely with community partners to reach adults
> and intergenerational groups. Each writer brings their own experience and
> expertise to the workshop in a unique and engaging way. Each library has
> received a selection of 20 books, including titles selected by their
> visiting writer. Is a workshop coming to a location near you? See the list
> below.
>
> FULL POST AT:
> https://calbook.org/2020/01/08/writing-workshops-2020/
>
> Please contact the coordinator listed for each location or email us
> <https://calbook.org/contact/> for more information. Be sure to follow @CaliforniaCenter
> fortheBook on Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaCenterForTheBook/> and Instagram
> <https://www.instagram.com/californiacenterforthebook/> for the latest
> details about the Rural Libraries Tour.
>
> A heartfelt thank you to the writers, library staff, and partners!
> *California Center for the Book is a program of the California Library
> Association <http://www.cla-net.org/>, supported in whole or in part by
> the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services
> <http://www.imls.gov/> under the provisions of the Library Services and
> Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian
> <http://www.library.ca.gov/>.*
> Julianna Robbins
> Program Manager
> *California Center for the Book*
> *California Library Association*
> http://calbook.org
> Facebook & Instagram: @CaliforniaCenterfortheBook
> Mobile: 562-277-8168 <(562)%20277-8168>
>

> --

*Josephine Jones*

Director of Programs & Center for the Book

[log in to unmask]  |  coloradohumanities.org
7935 East Prentice Avenue, Suite 450, Greenwood Village, CO  80111   |  303
894 7951 x15

Expressive and preparing for publication

*Veterans Writing Workshops
<https://coloradohumanities.org/programs/veterans-writing/>* free on
Fridays in Colorado Springs and select Sundays in Pueblo through the winter