We’ve sort of defaulted to treating it like a 264, including ISBD punctuation. There’s no real reason for it other than it’s familiar and we’re aware that other best practices might emerge.

Liz

From: PCC LD4P2 Cohort List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Dobbs, Zoe
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCC-LD4P2] BF Provider statement

(crossposted from Slack)

Hi all,

How is everyone approaching properties in your Sinopia profiles that map to Bibframe’s Provider statement/provisionActivityStatement: “Statement relating to providers of a resource; usually transcribed.” Do you treat this as a 264 field? Or do you transcribe the statement exactly as it appears on your source of information? How do you handle provision info from multiple sources? i.e. publisher from title page, place of publication from title page verso, date from colophon, etc. Just wanted to see how others are thinking about this, since it came up in our training.

Thanks!

--

Zoe Dobbs

she/her/hers