Join us in March for the Amigos Library Services online course "The Usable and Accessible Library Space." This course consists of two two-hour sessions:

  *   Tuesday, March 3, 10:00 am - noon CST
  *   Thursday, March 5, 10:00 am - noon CST

Our libraries should be attractive, yes, but above all, they should be usable and accessible to all patrons. As librarians, one of our main goals is to connect people with the information that they need. While librarians play a very large part in this process, we must not forget the role our library spaces play in this process.

In this course, we will:

  *   Identify key barriers to a library's usability through a customer service and accessibility lens.
  *   Discuss possible solutions for improving your library's layout, signage, and services, thus optimizing its usability.
  *   Outline how to conduct a usability and accessibility audit for your library space.

Register today at https://www.amigos.org/node/4044.

Emily Dust Nimsakont
Cataloging and Metadata Trainer
Amigos Library Services