:: please excuse duplication ::

Full posting or apply now:
https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Metadata-Librarian_R1817

*Job Description:*
The Iowa State University Library seeks a collaborative and innovative
Metadata Librarian (I or II). Our metadata librarians are responsible for
implementing, promoting, and managing metadata strategies to support the
discovery, access, sharing, management, and preservation of our library
collections ecosystem, which includes physical, digitized, and born-digital
resources.

Reporting to the Head of Metadata Services, the Metadata Librarian
collaborates with librarians and staff in Metadata Services, the Library,
and the ISU community in metadata creation, editing, and quality control,
implements strategies for streamlining or automated extraction and
 transformation of metadata, trains library staff in metadata creation best
practices, collects and analyzes data to support collection management,
discovery, and access, and provides metadata consultation with Library
colleagues and ISU faculty and researchers. The incumbent also will assist
in preparing the Library for the linked data environment by working with
colleagues and external collaborators to develop, maintain, and publish
controlled vocabularies and persistent identifiers.

Important skills for success in this position are: ability to balance
big-picture thinking with attention to detail, organization, setting and
achieving goals, effective communication, and collaboration. ISU Librarians
embrace the Library’s core values, demonstrate collegiality, and have
strong commitment to public service and the land grant mission.

*Minimum Qualifications:*

   - Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an
   ALA-accredited program or international equivalent, or an advanced degree
   supporting a specialized key program function.

*Preferred Qualifications:*

   - Experience with programming and/or scripting tools such as Python or
   XSLT.
   - Experience with software and tools for batch creation and manipulation
   of metadata such as Excel and/or OpenRefine.
   - Experience with Dublin Core, EAD, MODS, RDF, MARC21, RDA, and/or
   BIBFRAME, and name authorities or identity management.
   - Familiarity with library management software, discovery layers, and
   repository platforms.

Not all preferred qualifications must necessarily be met to be a successful
candidate.

A Librarian I will explore, show interest in and have potential for
institutional service and external professional activities. A Librarian II
will be able to demonstrate, through evidence, increasing skills and
leadership potential, and establish area(s) of research interest and/or
exhibit leadership in external professional activities.

ISU students, staff, and faculty strive to overcome historical and divisive
biases in our society. Library staff must embrace an environment of
inclusion that moves beyond simple tolerance to recognizing the richness in
individual identities of people, and diverse perspectives.

=Harriet