Dear Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to join us to celebrate the 50th anniversary of
the South/Southeast Asia Library on March 11, 2020 at Morrison Library.
Please see the attached event program.

This exhibit celebrates the academic achievements of Berkeley South and
Southeast Asia scholars across disciplines. It recognizes Berkeley’s robust
South and Southeast Asian language instruction program, distinguished
teaching award recipients, and previous Charlene Conrad Liebau Library
Prize for Undergraduate Research winners and honorable mentions.

The South/Southeast Asia Library plays a pivotal role in building
interdisciplinary collections in all major formats and languages and has,
for five decades, served as the scholarly lifeline for vibrant South and
Southeast Asian Studies communities, both local and global.

This exhibit uses a variety of faculty publications and special collections
to highlight Berkeley scholarship’s evolution, scope, and profound impact.
Source collections and libraries whose noteworthy treasures are most
featured in the exhibit include The Bancroft Library, Doe Library, Music
Library, and the South/Southeast Asia Library.

RSVP to me by *February 24, 2020* for my event logistics planning.

I look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

Virginia Shih

Southeast Asia Curator