Team,

I’m sorry to miss y’all tomorrow. I thought you might like to see our Lone Star Día: Children's Day, Book Day program. Our 40 spots for $200 grants for libraries to up their diverse book collections filled in a week. If you ever want to hear about how we do this grant program with First Book, let me know. I think Children's Day, Book Day (a celebration of children, books and all different cultures) could be a cool thread for us to share.

[log in to unmask]" alt="A painting of children playing and holding books with the text Children's Day, Book Day - El día de los niños, El día de los libros">The Texas Center for the Book (TCFB) is proud to support libraries and literacy nonprofits that participate in Lone Star Día. Please apply for your Lone Star Día Grant and use the below resources to support your Lone Star Día programming.

NOW OPEN – Apply for a $200 Lone Star Día Grant!

The Lone Star Día Grant program is open to libraries and literacy nonprofit organizations serving children in need. We invite you to apply for a $200 credit toward brand new books from the First Book Marketplace to help support your upcoming Día celebration in April 2020! Lone Star Día Grants are made available through the Texas Center for the Book, which is administered through the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. The grant program is made possible through a partnership with First Book and through the generosity of the Edouard Foundation and the Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas.

Full details here: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/lonestardia

Warmly,

Rebekah

Rebekah Manley, MFA

Coordinator | Texas Center for the Book

1201 Brazos Street | Austin, TX 78701

Please connect on Facebook

We hope you celebrate Lone Star Día: Children’s Day, Book Day!

[log in to unmask]" alt="logos-cftb-tslac">

Currently reading: Butterfly Yellow by Thanhha Lai