I will, too, have to miss today's meeting. Look forward to whatever notes
come out of it.

Susan Mark, Outreach Librarian
Wyoming State Library
2800 Central Ave.
Cheyenne WY 82002
307-777-5915
800-264-1281

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 9:26 AM Sharon Shaloo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> Sorry again to have to miss today's meeting.  I wonder if after the
> meeting someone could put up a google sheet with suggested topics for the
> May Idea Exchange?  I'd love to be able to add some ideas to that sheet
> advance of the April meeting. Maybe others would, too?
>
> As for today, I'm still not quite clear what NEH is asking for/looking for
> ... nor how this interest links up with our discussion about the shared
> mission of state centers for the book.  I'll listen intently to that part
> of the recording!
>
> My two cents:  I'm most keen to talk about state center network identity
> rather than about a new project ... largely because we are flat out here in
> Mass and couldn't take on anything new without jettisoning something else.
> If we honed our mission and had a new boost from LOC to get state buy-in on
> the importance of the network (and of funding for it!), however,  I think
> it would be much clearer to me what we do that we should keep and what new
> we should do to move the enterprise forward.
>
> All that to say, I'm raising my hand to help create a the CfB/State Center
> brochure because I think in order to do that well we will have to address
> the mission (and responsibilties?) of state centers for the book at the
> national and local level.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sharon
>

> *********
> Sharon Shaloo, Executive Director
> Mass Center for the Book
> 617.872.3718 (office)
> massbook.org
>

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:59 AM Alayne Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> Good morning, all!
>>

>> I have updated the agenda with the most recent ideas and comments. It’s a
>> very, very full agenda, so I have a feeling that finalizing the Ideas
>> Exchange will probably have to move to April, but hopefully we will get it
>> narrowed down. I will block out some ideas of timing for each of these
>> items and try to keep us on schedule. I think the meeting could run a
>> little after the hour but I know we have a hard stop at about 3:15 due to a
>> board meeting (timing changed after we agreed to run the meeting). David
>> tells me there’s an option to keep the recording going if he and I both
>> need to sign off!
>>

>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jt3afLDcvN7PxAN2Z4douxgjoUVp4A50oo-_cXRB0TM/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>> Looking forward to chatting with many of you tomorrow!
>>

>> (And, I put this up on Facebook, but may have better reach here: is
>> anyone else going to PLA? Would love to meet up if you are!)
>>

>> *Alayne Hopkins*
>>
>> *Director of Programs & Services*
>>
>> Direct: 651-366-6488
>>

>> [image: cid:[log in to unmask]] <https://thefriends.org/>
>>
>> You believe in your community. You invest in your library.
>>
>> Become a Friend today. <https://thefriends.org/donate/>

of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be
disclosed to third parties.