An additional bit of information . As the Comment from the ARSC Board that Nathan posted said, the BOARD is watching the situation. It could change and then again it could not. Members should be aware - as is anyone who had travel plans over the next few weeks that no one can insure loss due to a Pandemic. If you booked a non-cancellable room or any flight to go to SAM or even AES you may get refund from the organization (or not) but not your air.

In the case of the ARSC Conference the Conference Committee (mostly Brenda) has been working with the hotel to try to salvage the event. As with ALL hotel Conference Contracts, there is no cancellation policy within 90 days of event (we passed that before the virus) and this could literally cost ARSC (the organization) nearly $70,000. (correct) as Conferences must guarantee a number of room night. There MAY  be a Plan B - not certain yet - that we could reschedule for the end of October with no loss in deposit.  But that has not been decided yet. There is time. HOPEFULLY the issue will be resolved by then.
As noted in the Board Statement  of course ARSC is concerned about the health and well being of members. If you are hesitant and haven't registered you should wait until more is known. If you registered, please be patient. If the conference is cancelled - or you choose not to come - all registration $ will be refunded timely/
I post this here now - and it is NOT to be taken as the "official word" of the ARSC Board - because those making comments are members who I look forward to seeing each year. and who understand what a great time an ARSC Conference is and how much VOLUNTEER work goes into it. ARSC has lots of new activities planned for this membership year andnext and financial hit will affect the ability to do those things and will affect ALL members.
Again, thanks for your patience. Let's all think positively ! And stay healthy.
Steve Ramm