Our Bangkok staff notified of temporary suspension.

________________________________

http://www.vientianetimes.org.la/index.php

Public announcement

The Vientiane Times' Editors Board would like to inform all readers that we will not publish a hard copy of the newspaper from April 1, 2020 to April 19, 2020 in accordance with the executive order intensifying prevention and control measures to fight against Covid-19 that was issued by the Prime Minister on March 29, 2020.

We regularly produce online news reports in Lao and English for our website, www.vientianetimes.org.la; www.vientianetimeslao.la Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/vientianetimesonline; https://www.facebook.com/vientianetimeslao and YouTube channel.

Readers can catch up on the latest news through our website, Facebook page and YouTube channel. We will inform you again after April 19 if there is any change in the order by the government.

We hope all our readers will cooperate with us in these challenging times. Pi Mai Lao this year is from April 13-16, and we wish the Party and state and all readers good health and happiness in their lives and for their families and work. Last but not least, we will together pass these difficult times in fighting against Covid-19. Good luck and good health!

Kittipong Soonprasert
Library of Congress, Bangkok Office
American Embassy, Bangkok

[Email-LOC-logo]