Hi Guy and all,

Even though I normally work from home (consultant for CA Library Association) this has been a huge shift, having my son out of school and my husband’s work essentially closed. For CA Center for the Book, we’re hosting several initiative check ins via Zoom and will likely be extending program, survey, speaker payments from June/early July to end of August (or possibly beyond). We are busy busy creating several panels from what was once our in person Symposium professional development event (scheduled for 3/26). https://calbook.org/symposium/2020-symposium/

And scrambling to cancel / postpone hold all events for next few months, while figuring out how to move ahead with our work, which is all LSTA grant funded etc. We haven’t heard too much official word from IMLS yet, but I’m sure there will be extensions / modifications ? made.

Hang in there all!

Julianna Robbins
Program Manager
California Center for the Book
California Library Association
Facebook & Instagram: @CaliforniaCenterfortheBook
Mobile: 562-277-8168

California Center for the Book is a program of the California Library Association, supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.