In Iowa the only thing we have that is time sensitive is the Letters About
Literature program, we are in the final judging portion of the program. We
are holding virtual meetings this week to determine winners. However, we
don't know how we will move forward at this point, especially if schools
are now closed until the end of the school year. We might not be able to
get the W9's we need to actually pay the winners. We've already determined
that we won't have a reception as normal to do the awards. It was
scheduled for May 1st.
For other programs, we have committees working on the title selection for
our All Iowa Reads programs which we don't announce until late fall, so any
of those meetings  can be virtual.
We were supposed to participate in the DSM Book Festival with a booth and
publicity about our All Iowa Reads programs, but that was scheduled for
this Saturday, and that has been cancelled.
At this point, we're waiting to see what the financial fallout might be to
this, both at the state and federal levels, before we think about starting
new programs. And even hiring a new coordinator, although we are scheduling
virtual interviews for that. Time will tell.....

Nancy

*Nancy Medema* Program Director

Coordinator, Iowa Center for the Book
*State Library of Iowa* | Des Moines Office
1112 E. Grand Avenue | Des Moines, IA 50319
www.StateLibraryofIowa.org