In Iowa the only thing we have that is time sensitive is the Letters About Literature program, we are in the final judging portion of the program. We are holding virtual meetings this week to determine winners. However, we don't know how we will move forward at this point, especially if schools are now closed until the end of the school year. We might not be able to get the W9's we need to actually pay the winners. We've already determined that we won't have a reception as normal to do the awards. It was scheduled for May 1st.
For other programs, we have committees working on the title selection for our All Iowa Reads programs which we don't announce until late fall, so any of those meetings  can be virtual.
We were supposed to participate in the DSM Book Festival with a booth and publicity about our All Iowa Reads programs, but that was scheduled for this Saturday, and that has been cancelled.
At this point, we're waiting to see what the financial fallout might be to this, both at the state and federal levels, before we think about starting new programs. And even hiring a new coordinator, although we are scheduling virtual interviews for that. Time will tell.....

Nancy

Nancy Medema Program Director

Coordinator, Iowa Center for the Book

State Library of Iowa | Des Moines Office
1112 E. Grand Avenue | Des Moines, IA 50319
www.StateLibraryofIowa.org